Yoga 101 Workshop:
A Foundational Introduction to the Practice of Yoga for Beginners
at Harvard Square
NEXT ONE: Sunday 10/22, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
teacher: JESSE WINDER, RYT and founder of Karma Yoga Studios
The staff at Karma Yoga Studio believe that yoga is appropriate for everyone, whatever their fitness level, flexibility, or age.
To this end, our teachers offer Yoga 101, an ongoing introductory workshop which is designed specifically for all who have wanted to try yoga but have found it hard to do--until now!
- Yoga 101 is an accesible introductory workshop where students will learn the basics of a modern yoga practice in a safe, supportive environment, and be taught by Karma Yoga Studio's most experienced teachers.
- After attending the workshop, students will be properly prepared and feel confident to walk into their first "beginner" or "all-levels" yoga class.
- The Yoga 101 workshop is appropriate for both brand new students and for those returning to yoga who want a "refresher course" in the basics in order to deepen their practice.
- Students are introduced to the basic poses (asanas) in yoga and to the principles of proper alignment needed for a safe yoga practice.
- Students are also provided a foundation in yogic breathing, meditation techniques, and the core philosophies behind this ancient tradition.
- The teacher will be available to answer questions after the workshop and provide guidance as to which classes to attend in order to start or continue a regular yoga practice.
All you need to do is bring your body, explore your boundaries, and have fun!
Pricing: $30 with pre-registration or $35 the day of the workshop. This workshop is non-refundable.
Students who attend this workshop are offered an option to purchase at a discount 3 yoga classes for only $15* (in addition to the workshop) to help kick-start their practice!
* All 3 classes must be used within one month of the workshop date.